Mar 21, 2019
Common Misconceptions About Managed Connectivity
Connectivity is an integral part of any machine’s functionality. Whatever the purpose of the equipment is, it has to be connected in order to work properly. So, what exactly is managed connectivity and what does it take for it to really work? Often times deployers may have an idea of the connectivity their device needs, but it’s important to understand all of its components in order for your device to run smoothly. So, let’s start with what device connectivity actually is and work our way to what the common misconceptions about it are. Managed connectivity is:
- Reliable, consistent communication for your equipment
- Trusted and secure way to process customer transactions and orders
- Proactive setup that is capable of remote management/remediation
- Capable of monitoring its own network connection and when needed, capable of providing its own self-healing protocols to restore connectivity to the equipment
- As simple as using a hot spot, USB stick, or Wi-Fi as consistent communication means for your machines
- Putting any old hardware out there and using any carrier to connect it all
- Reliably supporting your equipment, yourself through dozens of software updates, keeping security requirements updated, and managing any carrier network shutdowns ahead of schedule
- Many DIY setups require a high level of technical expertise to operate securely and efficiently and can end up costing you a tremendous amount of time and effort
- Remote management and/or remediation is usually not supported
- There are many vulnerabilities when using Wi-Fi, or hot spots that prevent DIY from being scalable
- Make sure to vet out that the hardware you are buying holds up in many different tests and circumstances
- Many devices are not as sophisticated in their security and can be more vulnerable to hacking
- Do you have confidence your hardware has been vetted and is secure?
- Security is an essential part of any connectivity solution so be on the lookout for providers that incorporate private networks and consistently plan for continuity
- Choose a provider that is proactive and continuously refining its security strategies
- Can anyone else other than you and your provider access your devices?
- OptConnect consistently delivers in each of the above categories, but is especially good on the customer service side of our business and will answer and support your business any time of the day
- Have an event and need support on the holiday weekend? OptConnect will be there
- Any time of the day OptConnect consistently and proactively monitors its connectivity network and is there to help—whatever your issue!