INTRODUCING OPTCONNECT EMATM
The 1st Fully Managed Smart Embedded ModemTM Solution for IoT
OptConnect’s emaTM cellular modem delivers the first fully managed wireless solution for customers looking to embed wireless connectivity into their device and eliminates the delays, complexities, and frustrations of typical cellular M2M/IoT deployments. OptConnect emaTM is a patent pending complete solution for a headache-free M2M/IoT strategy.
OptConnect emaTM is an end-device certified M2M/IoT LTE Category 4 cellular modem with built-in intelligence for autonomous monitoring, management, and self-healing. Its Embedded Managed Modem Architecture enables customers to rapidly design and deploy their cellular connected solutions.
In addition to the LTE Category 4 cellular modem, emaTM has the benefit of a microcontroller on board that includes embedded firmware and software developed by OptConnect. This firmware and software provide the plug & play functionality for a seamless wireless experience that also includes OptConnect’s industry leading suite of managed services.
is the first Smart Embedded ModemTM
that includes onboard intelligence that provides:
All the Monitoring
All the manageability
All the security
All the reporting
All the certifications
All the autonomous self-healing of the connection
That’s what makes emaTM
different. We’ve built emaTM
to be truly intelligent, truly managed, and truly monitored. With all the plug-and-play functionality now built in, all the customer host board has to do is… just use it.
To download the OptConnect emaTM spec sheet click here.
To download the OptConnect emaTM Hardware Guide click here.
To download the OptConnect emaTM Management UART AT Command Manual click here.
For additional documentation and information call us at 877.678.3343
- Fully certified PTCRB, FCC, IC and Carrier certification
- Dual carrier sim card support
- Customers can modify their host board without need to recertify
- Small yet powerful – easy to fit on host board designs
- No need to develop low-level control, it already exists in ema
- Detects on/off network with reconnect features for increased uptime
- OTA updates for both modem and module
- Connects gracefully to the network
- Carrier to carrier failover
- Measures and manages data usage
- Security layer embedded in ema to protect from public internet threats
- Industry encryption standard – AWS IoT Core communication channel encrypted with TLS v1.2
- Separation of monitoring machine data from customer’s data transmissions
- Communication firmware protected from alteration by host application
- Alerts and notifications of issues and remote diagnostics
- Manage and monitor your device portfolio from anywhere
- API available for your host application
- Application updates and sensor configuration are easy to implement without redesign
Secure Private IP
Fulfillment and JIT
Ship to Site Logistics